Eat your normal big whole food pre-game meal right before you go to bed and then consume your pre-workout shake 30 minutes before your event in the morning. This way you will be very close to having all your energy stores full when you start your match. Your pre-game meal that would normally be consumed 2-3hrs before the event, which you will now eat right before go to bed, should consist of ~60% carbohydrate, 20% protein, 20% fat.
If your match is soon after rising, have your pre-workout shake 30mins before and immediately after. Below is the proper timing of food and supplement intake elite athletes follow for early events. Additionally, using the dotFIT program, you can design your ideal sports nutrition plan including athletic menus individualized for you with proper protein requirements, meal timing and complete food plans with the correct mix of protein, fats and carbohydrates. Simply fill in your personal statistics, set your weight goal and create your program. The program will automatically give you pre and post event eating plans including instructions.
Training meals and supplement timing instructions for early events:
• Pre-training/event full food meal consumed right before bed
• Pre-workout shake/bar: consume 30 min before activity
• Post- workout shake/bar (same formula as the pre): immediately after workout
• Post-training/event full food meal consumed ~1-2HRS post training
dotFIT Pre/Post Meal Replacement & Workout Formula
• Take 2-3 scoops 10-40 minutes before workout or use favorite dotFIT® bar for convenience
• Take 2 scoops (or dotFIT bar) immediately post workout