Absolutely, and you should if you want to recover from your game properly. It makes no difference what time it is when it comes to an athlete's diet because your nutrition needs to be properly timed around your training and game times. Post exercise/game is the most important time to eat and the best thing you can do is to consume a post workout shake immediately after the game. You can keep the powdered mix in a shaker bottle and then when the game is over, add water, shake and drink. Soon or anytime after this you can consume a good post training meal consisting of ~60% carbohydrate, 20% protein, 20% fats.
See below for meal timing instructions and the proper pre/post workout formula. Using the dotFIT program, you can design your ideal sports nutrition plan including perfect athletic menus individualized for you with proper protein requirements, meal timing and complete food plans with the correct mix of protein, fats and carbohydrates. Simply fill in your personal statistics, set your weight/performance goal and create your program. The program will automatically give you pre and post event eating plans including instructions.
Training meals and supplement timing instructions:
• Pre-training/event full food meal consumed ~2-3 hours before your major activity
– If your activity is first thing in the morning with no time for complete digestion of a full meal, use pre-workout formula only but eat your pre-game meal before bedtime
• Pre-workout shake/bar: consume 10-40 min before activity
• Post- workout shake/bar (same formula as the pre): immediately after workout
• Post-training/event full food meal consumed ~1-2HRS post training
dotFIT Pre/Post Meal Replacement & Workout Formula
• Take 2 scoops 10-40 minutes before workout or use favorite dotFIT® bar for convenience
• Take 2 scoops (or dotFIT bar) immediately post workout