Your best precaution would be to do your homework on the company responsible for the product and recommendations by making sure the processes below are in place. If the company cannot immediately supply the information, find one that can like dotFIT.
• Supply best, current clinical research supporting use of active ingredients (evidence-based)
• Show data supporting safety and efficacy including long-term empirical data
• Identify proper ingredient dosage and forms matched to positive outcomes from clinical data
• All dietary supplement products and powders should be manufactured in a FDA-registered pharmaceutical facility, in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Ingredients all tested for purity, potency and delivery from raw materials to finished product
• The final products testing should be both in-house and through third-party, FDA-approved and NSF certified laboratories, to assure users that all nutritional claims meet or surpass FDA guidelines, USDA guidelines, and industry norms
• If taking multiple products, all formulas must be able to work in synergy with each other in order to avoid nutrient overages, which are common with typical, indiscriminate supplement use. In other works you should consider diet, medications, and other products before a personalized dietary supplement recommendation is generated. This assures the user remains in a safe and optimal nutrient range throughout the day.
Doing the due-diligence on formulations and the manufacturing processes is something most people don’t have the time or expertise to perform. Therefore if you are looking for health and fitness support through supplements and want full product disclosure (rationale for use, safety, contraindications, etc.) you can click the link below to the dotFIT Supplement Reference Guide (SRG) that is used by all our sport/health professionals and published by our Scientific Advisory Board and R&D team. The first section will give you all you need regarding recommendation and manufacturing processes. dotFIT is a research and development company for sports, fitness and health professionals; therefore all products must pass our evidence-based advisory and legal committee rules, including third-party testing procedures. Individual products can be found in respective sections.